JEFFERSON CITY — Five companies have applied to get Missouri's last available casino license.According to Missouri state law, only 13 casinos are allowed in the state of Missouri.
The Missouri Gaming Commission is trying to decide what to do with the license that had belonged to the President Casino in St. Louis, which closed this summer.
The commission said Wednesday that five companies have submitted applications. They are:
- Casino Celebration LLC, which is proposing a facility for St. Louis.
- North County Development LLC, which wants to put a casino in the St. Louis suburb of Spanish Lake.
- Isle of Capri-Cape Girardeau LLC, which is promoting a casino for Cape Girardeau.
- Sunway Gaming LLC, which wants to locate a casino in the Kansas City suburb of Sugar Creek.
- Epic Gaming LLC, which also wants to place a casino in Sugar Creek.