Since moving into his own place two summers ago, Blaine Gabbert developed a passion for cooking. He’s made his fans aware of his culinary skills by Tweeting pictures of his home-cooked meals. But what goes into the quarterback’s cuisine?
For our first edition of Blaine Apetite, Gabbert wrote down one of his summertime favorite recipes: grilled ribeye steaks with asparagus and sweet potatoes.
“Its quick and easy,” he said. “Run to HyVee, grab what you need and it’s done it about half an hour.”
The simple dinner doesn’t require too many ingredients or very much prep time. Plus, everything gets cooked together on the grill. What separates his classic take on meat and potatoes from the pack? It’s all about the Worcestershire sauce.
“It really just makes it more tender,” Gabbert said. “(Missouri linebacker) Will Ebner hooked me on it, and I use it all the time now.”
Here’s what you’ll need to prepare Gabbert’s recipe:
- Four 16 oz. ribeyes
- Two bundles of asparagus
- Five sweet potatoes
- Worcestershire sauce
- Steak seasoning of choice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
The prep work and cooking process requires just six steps:
- Season the ribeyes with the pre-packaged steak season of your choice.
- Marinate the steaks in Worcestershire sauce.
- Drizzle olive oil over the asparagus and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Peel and slice the sweet potatoes. Drizzle them with olive oil.
- Throw everything on the grill.
One final step from us – enjoy. Just don’t think that because you eat like the quarterback, you can play like him.