COLUMBIA—Mayor Bob McDavid appointed members to a new pension task force during Monday night's council meeting. The Comprehensive Planning Task Force also has a new member.
McDavid appointed nine people to the Pension Review Task Force, which will examine problems with the city's pensions. The chairman for the task force is Steve Yoakum, Public School and Education Employee Retirement Systems of Missouri executive director. A city employee from the Missouri Local Government Employees Retiree System will also be appointed. The person has yet to be named.
Other members on the task force include:
- Steve Erdel, Boone County National president.
- Brad Frazier, Columbia Professional Firefighters president.
- Teresa Maledy, Commerce Bank president.
- Michael Staloch, State Farm Insurance vice president of operations.
- Jon Sundvold, Sundvold Financial.
- Tim Thomason, Columbia Police Officers Association.
- Bob Wagner, Columbia Insurance Group chairman.
The City Council also appointed Don Stamper to the Comprehensive Plan Task Force. Stamper works for a developer advocacy group. Four people applied for the position, including former Third Ward Councilman Karl Skala. The Comprehensive Plan Task Force tries to create a new comprehensive plan for the city that would guide growth.