COLUMBIA — The Columbia Police Department stopped 264 vehicles during a sobriety checkpoint Thursday in the 2500 block of Old 63 South.
Here are the results from the checkpoint:
- Three arrests for alleged driving while intoxicated.
- Four arrests for alleged driving with suspended or revoked licenses, or with no license at all.
- Six portable breath tests given.
- Eleven standardized field sobriety tests given.
- Two seat belt warnings issued.
- Twelve warnings issued to people who lacked insurance.
- Two warnings for expired license plates.
The checkpoint, which lasted a little more than two hours, was suspended due to harsh weather.