Fallen Missouri firefighters to be added to memorial
Friday, October 1, 2010 | 7:13 a.m. CDT;
updated 11:18 a.m. CDT, Friday, October 1, 2010
JEFFERSON CITY — The names of three Missouri firefighters who died in the line of duty last year are being added this weekend to the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial in Maryland.
The tribute will take place Saturday in a service at the National Fire Academy in Emmitsburg, Md.
The Missouri firefighters are:
- Lt. William "Roger" Vorwark, of the Odessa Fire & Rescue Protection District. He died in March 2009 from an apparent heart attack while working his third fire of the day.
- Assistant Chief Dale E. Haddix, of the Schell City Fire Department. He died in July 2009 after experiencing a medical emergency at the scene of a vacant house fire.
- Firefighter David Grass Jr., of the Ste. Genevieve Fire Department. He died in July 2009 after experiencing a medical emergency during a training session.
Like what you see here? Become a member.
Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.
You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.
Leave a comment
Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines
outlined below and register with our site.
You must be logged in to comment. (Our
full comment policy is here.)
- Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
- Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or
discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
- Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will
be published with every comment.
(Read why we ask for that here.)
- Don’t solicit or promote businesses.
We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see
something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.
You must be logged in to comment.