The 2010 Roots 'N' Blues 'N' BBQ Festival kicks off today, but hard work earlier this week went into getting downtown Columbia ready.
- Rolando Barry leads the Missouri High Steppers in the Bike Parade for the Roots 'N' Blues 'N' BBQ Festival on Friday, Oct. 1.
- Mark Case sets up the Gibson Custom Shop Traveling Exhibit before Friday's performances of the Roots 'N' Blues 'N' BBQ Festival on Oct. 1. Visitors were allowed to plug in and play any of the guitars.
- Sam Bennett removes pork from the grill after several hours of cooking. The pork will later be pulled apart for sandwiches. Bennett is a member of the Lucky A's Bar B Que competition team, which has been participating in Roots 'N' Blues 'N' BBQ since the festival began.
- Randy Weaver and Cindy Corley wait for the first performance at the MPIX Stage on Locust Street on Friday, Oct. 1. Weaver said he was most excited to see the Del McCoury Band and Derek Trucks.
- Tom Meyer seasons chicken on the grill with lemon pepper at the Roots 'N' Blues 'N' BBQ Festival on Friday, Oct. 1. Besides chicken, Lucky A's Bar B Que also cooks brisket, ribs, pork, beans and green beans.
- Shemekia Copeland takes the MPIX stage at the 2010 Roots 'N' Blues 'N' BBQ on Friday, Oct. 1. Copeland and her band were the first to perform at the MPIX stage during the festival.
- Roots 'N' Blues 'N' BBQ safety and trash bills are paid
- Roots ’N’ Blues went off without a hitch
- Check out what Columbia residents had to say about Roots 'N' Blues
- Barbecue contest adds spice to Roots 'N' Blues
- Grant, West Boulevard students join blues festival at Flat Branch Park
- Roots 'N' Blues 'N' BBQ live updates
- PHOTO GALLERY: Roots 'N' Blues 'N' BBQ kicks off
- Share your Roots 'N' Blues stories and photos
- Columbia teams dish it out at Roots 'N' Blues 'N' BBQ Festival
- Breaking down the BBQ at the Roots 'N' Blues 'N' BBQ Festival