Bill Watkins' resume details work in Columbia, elsewhere
Tuesday, October 5, 2010 | 12:08 p.m. CDT;
updated 12:25 p.m. CDT, Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Here's a look at City Manager Bill Watkins' resume.
- 1974: Received a bachelor of science degree in public administration from MU.
- 1976: Received a master's degree in public administration from MU.
- January 1974 - April 1977: Worked as an intern and administrative assistant in the Columbia city manager's office.
- April 1977 - October 1984: City manager of Newton Falls, Ohio.
- October 1984 - July 1985: City manager of Wood River, Ill.
- October 1985 - July 1988: Vice president of the Economic Development Division for Springfield, Ohio, Chamber of Commerce.
- July 1988 - December 1995: Director of economic development for Columbia and executive vice president of Regional Economic Development, Inc.
- December 1995 - Jan. 6, 2006: Columbia assistant city manager
- Jan. 7, 2006: Appointed by the Columbia City Council and assumed duties as city manager.
Source: City Manager website
Like what you see here? Become a member.
Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.
You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.
Leave a comment
Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines
outlined below and register with our site.
You must be logged in to comment. (Our
full comment policy is here.)
- Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
- Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or
discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
- Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will
be published with every comment.
(Read why we ask for that here.)
- Don’t solicit or promote businesses.
We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see
something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.
You must be logged in to comment.