advertisement

None injured in Women's and Children's Hospital fire

Monday, October 18, 2010 | 12:18 p.m. CDT; updated 12:25 p.m. CDT, Monday, October 18, 2010

COLUMBIA — There was a small grease fire at the Women's and Children's Hospital cafeteria Monday. The fire started because of a buildup of grease in the stove.

No injuries were reported, Columbia Fire Department spokesman, Eric Hartman, said.

"The fire was very small, and almost totally contained under the stove," Hartman said. "There was very minimal damage."

The Fire Department is expected to release more information later in the day on Monday, Hartman said.


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements