You are viewing the print version of this article. Click here to view the full version.
Columbia Missourian

None injured in Women's and Children's Hospital fire

By Pavan Vangipuram
October 18, 2010 | 12:18 p.m. CDT

COLUMBIA — There was a small grease fire at the Women's and Children's Hospital cafeteria Monday. The fire started because of a buildup of grease in the stove.

No injuries were reported, Columbia Fire Department spokesman, Eric Hartman, said.

"The fire was very small, and almost totally contained under the stove," Hartman said. "There was very minimal damage."

The Fire Department is expected to release more information later in the day on Monday, Hartman said.