COLUMBIA — It’s always a big deal in Columbia when Oklahoma comes to town. With ESPN's "College GameDay" coming to Columbia on Homecoming as well, it will hardly be possible to avoid Missouri football fever.
We won’t know what happens in the game until Saturday night, but here’s what experts say:
- The Las Vegas betting line: Oklahoma by 3.
- Scott Haynes of The Sports Network: “In a hostile environment, expect Oklahoma to get the job done and leave Columbia with a hard-earned victory,” Oklahoma 34, Missouri 30.
- John Tamanaha of NBC Sports: “Oklahoma ... playing its first game on an enemy campus, has lived dangerously in four of its six games this season.” Missouri 27, Oklahoma 26.
- David Ubben of ESPN's Big 12 Blog: “The emotion of the team and atmosphere helps the Tigers jump out to an early lead, but Oklahoma's too strong,” Oklahoma 31, Missouri 27.
- Bruce Feldman of ESPN: "Ryan Broyles and OU will be too much for them in the second half. I do expect fiery Mizzou QB Blaine Gabbert to play very well and keep things interesting though." Oklahoma 35, Missouri 28.
- Ivan Maisel of ESPN: “In the past 63 seasons, only one Oklahoma coach has lost more than once to Missouri.” No score offered.