COLUMBIA — Two men have been arrested in connection with an Oct. 29 burglary at 101 W. Thurman St.
On Oct. 29, residents told police their 32-inch television was missing. The back door of the residence had been forced open earlier in the day, according to a news release from the Columbia Police Department.
When talking with neighbors, officers learned of a suspicious vehicle in the area, which led them to one of the suspects, according to the news release.
Thyihonn C. Riley, 17, was arrested on suspicion of second-degree burglary and theft. His bond was set at $5,000.
While responding to a separate call later in the day on Oct. 29, officers encountered Alexander H. Wells, who had been in contact with Riley earlier that day, according to the news release. Officers found the stolen television in the same vehicle as Wells, according to the news release.
Wells, 19, was arrested on suspicion of second-degree burglary, theft, obstructing government operations and for a municipal warrant for trespassing, according to the news release. His bond was set at $5,750.
Police believe these men might potentially be responsible for other burglaries in the area but more investigation is required, according to the news release.
On Oct. 23, police also arrested Bryant L. Holmes, 22, at 2401 W. Broadway. Holmes was found in the possession of stolen property, according to the news release.
Between Oct. 23 and Saturday, 33 burglaries were reported in Columbia. Eighty-nine burglaries were reported for the month of October, according to the news release. According to the news release, the burglaries that have happened on or since Oct. 23, include:
- Oct. 24: 401 St. Joseph St.
- Oct. 25: 408 Parkade Blvd. and 123 Benton St.
- Oct. 26: 1002 Madison Ave.
- Oct. 27: 3700 Zebra Drive
- Oct. 29: 101 W. Thurman St., two arrests made
- Oct. 23: 2116 Live Oak Lane and 3410 Bonny Linn Drive
- Oct. 24: 4916 Brown Station Road and 1504 Raleigh Drive
- Oct. 25: 1505 Boyd Lane, 1503 Boyd Lane and 2101 Whispering Meadows Court
- Oct. 27: 5205 Gasconade Court and 1501 Boyd Lane
- Oct. 28: 3706 Wayside Drive and 2115 Ballenger Road
- Oct. 23: 2401 W. Broadway and 107 W. Parkway
- Oct. 29: 2401 W. Broadway
- Oct. 23: 1517 E. Walnut St., 3505 Marquis Court, 1113 Hamilton Way and 1505 Ross St.
- Oct. 24: 3203 S. Old 63, 3304 Albany Court and 507 Rollins St.
- Oct. 25: 2400 E. Nifong Blvd.
- Oct. 26: 1501 Ross St.
- Oct. 27: 1708 Amelia St.
- Oct. 28: 1915 Waverly Court and 2305 Meadowlark
- Oct. 10: 400 Lawrence