Bag a buck with your cell phone and share your trophy with Mid Missouri.
The Columbia Missourian and MyMissourian offer deer hunters a simple way to let friends and neighbors share your success. Hunters can use their cell phone to snap a photo of their trophy, then send it to MyMissourian from the field. We will put it into a special gallery of the region’s successful deer hunts.
Here’s how to participate:
- Add this address to your phone book or contact list on your cell phone: “Submissions@mymissourian.com”. If your phone doesn’t have e-mail, don’t worry. The same address will work as a phone number to send Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) photos to us.
- Get that deer.
- Use your mobile phone to take a picture of the deer. Get close and, if possible, have a friend take the picture with you in it. Try to make the photo as family-friendly as possible, avoiding big wounds.
- Try to include your name and comments. You can also do that with a separate text message or e-mail. We may call you back for more information.
- Send it to us. You don’t have to wait — if you have a cell signal, do it from the field.
- Tell your friends to check MyMissourian.com for your photo.