Columbia kicks-off the holiday season this week with tree lightings, window displays and holiday concerts.
- 7 p.m. Thursday, Jesse Auditorium: Boston Brass & the Brass All-Stars Big Band: "Christmas Bells Are Swingin'!" (University Concert Series).
- 4-9:30 p.m. Friday, Columbia Activity and Recreation Center: Santa's Splash and Dash; drop off children for swimming, movies and food while parents shop.
- 6-8 p.m. Friday, downtown Columbia: Living Windows; open houses, holiday refreshments, carolers, free coach rides and live Nativity.
- 6 p.m. Friday, Shelter Insurance Co., 1817 W. Broadway: Tree-lighting ceremony.
- 9 a.m. Saturday, Rock Bridge High School: Breakfast with Santa; crafts, music storytelling and pictures with Santa, tickets required and can be purchased at the door.
- 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Tiger Place, 2910 Bluff Creek Drive: 27th Annual Holiday Home Tour presented by the Women's Symphony League; four homes on tour, bake sale and gift boutique.
- 2-5 p.m. Saturday, Douglass High School: City Kwanzaa celebration.
- Saturday and Sunday, Boone County Museum, 3801 Ponderosa St.: Celebrate a Boone County Christmas; Maplewood House comes to life for the holidays and Santa stops by the museum, $3 for adults and $1 for children.
- 1-5 p.m. Sunday and Dec. 12, Access Arts, 1724 McAlester St., Community Room: Holiday Benefit Sale; handcrafted pottery, jewelry, woven items and more.
- 7 p.m. Sunday, Jesse Auditorium: Columbia Chorale: Handel's "Messiah" (University Concert Series).
- 7 p.m. Dec. 8, Jesse Auditorium: St. Louis Symphony Orchestra Holiday Concert (University Concert Series).
- 6-8 p.m. Dec. 9, Columbia Art League, 207 S. Ninth St.: CAL Members' Show: Give a Gift of Art.
- 6-9 p.m. Dec. 10 and 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. Dec. 11, Orr Street Studios: North Village Holiday Art Market.
- 7 p.m. Dec. 13, Jesse Auditorium: Nebraska Theatre Caravan's "A Christmas Carol" (University Concert Series).
Please send notices of holiday events to email@example.com.