You are viewing the print version of this article. Click here to view the full version.
Columbia Missourian

City Council puts $49.5 million bond issue on April ballot

By Yue Jiang
January 18, 2011 | 10:06 p.m. CST

COLUMBIA — Columbia voters will have the opportunity to vote on whether the city will purchase the Columbia Energy Center for $49.5 million.

The City Council unanimously approved Tuesday a bill that will add Proposition II, a bond to purchase the outstanding shares of the natural gas-fueled generation facility, to the April 5 election ballot.

MoreStory



Related Articles

Columbia Water and Light already owns 25 percent of the shares of the energy center. Ameren Energy Marketing owns the other 75 percent.

Action: Council bill 9-11 will place a $49.5 million bond measure on the April 5 election ballot to purchase the outstanding shares of the Columbia Energy Center from Ameren Energy Marketing.

Vote: Approved 7-0.

Discussion: None.