COLUMBIA — Now's the time to prepare and begin planning for the prolonged winter storm that's forecast to begin affecting the region after midnight Sunday and continue into Wednesday.
Here are some sources to prepare for the storm, track its progress and stay safe:
- Latest forecast, advisories and radar images from the National Weather Service in St. Louis.
- Statewide road conditions from the Missouri Department of Transportation.
- Tips for driving on ice from the city Office of Emergency Management.
- Links for local storm preparation, safety and winter weather tips from the city Office of Emergency Management.
- Columbia snow removal map showing priority streets.
- To report power outages, city utility customers should call 875-2555. The city Water & Light Department has additional information related to power outages on its website.
- National Weather Service home page for winter weather awareness.
- Winter weather safety for the home.
- Winter weather tips for your vehicle.
- Tips for winter storm fire safety.
- Explanations about different types of winter precipitation from the Weather Service.