COLUMBIA — Warming centers and official shelters will be open to those seeking refuge from the cold this week.
Columbia warming centers are available to the general public during regular business hours, but because of extreme weather conditions some locations may be closed. The public is encouraged to call 2-1-1 for updated information, said Geni Alexander, a public information officer with the city.
- Activity and Recreation Center: 1701 W. Ash St., 874-7700. Monday-Friday, 5:30 a.m.-9:30 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m.-8p.m.; Sunday, 11 a.m.-8 p.m. *It will close at 7 p.m. Monday and stay closed through Tuesday. It is undecided if the ARC will open on Wednesday.
- Armory Sports and Community Center: 701 E. Ash St., 874-7466. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. *It is closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Boone County Government Center: 801 E. Walnut St., 886-4305. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. *It is closed as a warming center until further notice.
- Columbia-Boone County Department of Public Health and Human Services: 1005 W. Worley St. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. *It is closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
- *Columbia Public Library: 100 W. Broadway, 443-3161. Closed Tuesday; Opening late Wednesday; Friday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.; Sunday, 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Salvation Army: 1108 W. Ash St., 442-3229. Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Salvation Army Harbor House: 602 N. Ann St., 442-1984. 24 hours.
- St. Francis House: 901 Range Line St., 875-4913. Monday-Saturday, 7 a.m.-8:30 a.m. and 6:15 p.m.-9:30 p.m.
Columbia official shelters provide sleeping accommodations and, in some locations, meals. Those seeking shelter are asked to call and check availability.
- New Life Evangelistic Center (men): 901 Wilkes Blvd., 875-0603.
- Rainbow House (children): 1611 Towne Drive, 474-3558.
- Salvation Army Harbor House: 602 N. Ann St., 442-1984.
- St. Francis House (men): 901 Range Line St., 875-4913.
- True North (victims of domestic violence): 875-1369.
- Welcome Home (veterans): 1206 Range Line St., 443-8001.
For more information regarding warming centers and official shelters visit www.gocolumbiamo.com.