COLUMBIA — A panel of 20 will advise the University of Missouri System Presidential Search Committee in finding its 23rd president.
The advisory group will assist the search committee in determining exactly what qualifications the next UM System president should have.
System spokeswoman Jennifer Hollingshead said there will be seven statewide public forums to discuss traits the public wants to see in the next president. The advisory board members will take this information and give their opinions and recommendations to the presidential search committee, Hollingshead said.
Hollingshead said the advisory panel also will help review the presidential candidates, but she was unclear how it would help with that task.
According to the news release, the new committee comprises:
- Marilyn Rantz, curators professor, MU School of Nursing.
- Mark Ryan, curators teaching professor of fisheries and wildlife, director of the MU School of Natural Resources.
- Max Skidmore, curators professor, University of Missouri-Kansas City department of political science.
- Joan Gallos, curators teaching professor, UMKC executive MBA program, Bloch School of Management.
- David Summers, curators professor, Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rock Mechanics and Explosives Research Center.
- Kent Peaslee, curators teaching professor, Missouri S&T department of metallurgical engineering.
- Richard Rosenfeld, curators professor, University of Missouri-St. Louis department of criminology and criminal justice.
- Michael Murray, curators teaching professor, UMSL department of theatre,dance and media studies.
- Hal Williamson, MU vice chancellor for health sciences.
- Chris Scheetz, chair of the Intercampus Staff Council.
- Randy Wright, MU alum and president of the Mizzou Alumni Association.
- Jerry Lonergan, UMKC alum and president-elect of the UMKC Alumni Association.
- Susan Rothschild, Missouri S&T alumna.
- Terry Elmendorf, UMSL alum and president of the UMSL Alumni Association.
- Jericah Selby, Intercampus Student Council member.
- Jordan Paul, Intercampus Student Council representative.
- William Wiebold, chair of the Intercampus Faculty Council.
- Anita Hampton, secretary of University Extension.
- Gary Smith, University of Missouri Retiree Association.
- Wanda Blanchett, UMKC School of Education dean and associate professor, academic administration representative.