COLUMBIA — After being named All-Big 12 by the conference on Sunday, Missouri junior guard Marcus Denmon was named second-team All-Big 12 by the Associated Press on Tuesday.
Denmon was the only Tiger selected to the first or second All-Big 12 team, but junior forward Laurence Bowers received an honorable mention.
Junior forward Ricardo Ratliffe was named Big 12 Newcomer of the Year, as he was in conference voting.
Here is the complete list of Associated Press Big 12 honors. Names of Missouri players have been bolded.
Big 12 Coach of the Year: Bill Self, Kansas
Big 12 Player of the Year: Marcus Morris, Kansas
Big 12 Newcomer of the Year: Ricardo Ratliffe, Missouri
Big 12 Freshman of the Year: Tristan Thompson, Texas
AP All-Big 12 First Team:
- Alec Burks, Colorado, So., 6-6, 195, Grandview
- LaceDarius Dunn, Baylor, Sr., 6-4, 200, Monroe, La.
- Jordan Hamilton, Texas, So., 6-7, 220, Compton, Calif.
- Marcus Morris, Kansas, Jr., 6-9, 235, Philadelphia
- Jacob Pullen, Kansas St., Sr., 6-0, 200, Maywood, Ill.
AP All-Big 12 Second Team:
- Marcus Denmon, Missouri, Jr., 6-3, 185, Kansas City
- Diante Garrett, Iowa St., Sr., 6-4, 190, Milwaukee
- Khris Middleton, Texas A&M, So., 6-7, 215, North Charleston, S.C.
- Markieff Morris, Kansas, Jr., 6-10, 245, Philadelphia
- Tristan Thompson, Texas, Fr., 6-8, 225, Brampton, Ontario, Canada
AP Big 12 Honorable Mention: Laurence Bowers, Missouri; Cade Davis, Oklahoma; Cory Higgins, Colorado; Lance Jeter, Nebraska; Perry Jones, Baylor; Marshall Moses, Oklahoma St.; Keiton Page, Oklahoma St.; Tyrel Reed, Kansas; Brad Reese, Texas Tech