Mayor to announce final four candidates for Watkins' job
Friday, March 11, 2011 | 10:59 a.m. CST;
updated 10:03 a.m. CDT, Thursday, March 17, 2011
COLUMBIA — Mayor Bob McDavid was scheduled to announce the final four candidates for the city manager position at 11 a.m. today at City Hall.
The list of candidates to succeed retiring City Manager Bill Watkins includes:
- Lori Curtis Luther, city administrator for Waukesha, Wis.
- Mike Matthes, assistant city manager and chief information officer for Des Moines, Iowa.
- Kent Myers, city manager for Port Angeles, Wash.
- David Vela, assistant city manager for Abilene, Texas.
McDavid will also discuss the interview process to be held next week.
Like what you see here? Become a member.
Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.
You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.
Leave a comment
Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines
outlined below and register with our site.
You must be logged in to comment. (Our
full comment policy is here.)
- Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
- Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or
discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
- Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will
be published with every comment.
(Read why we ask for that here.)
- Don’t solicit or promote businesses.
We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see
something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.
You must be logged in to comment.