COLUMBIA — Gov. Jay Nixon appointed Michael W. Bradley of Columbia as the new associate circuit judge for Boone County on Friday. The position in the 13th Circuit became available upon the appointment of Associate Circuit Judge Christine Carpenter as circuit judge.
Bradley earned his undergraduate and law degrees from MU. He has served many positions, including:
- Chief counsel for the Missouri Gaming Commission.
- Legal counsel to the Missouri Department of Public Safety and the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
- Statewide special prosecutor for the Missouri attorney general's office.
- Carroll County prosecuting attorney.
- Associate circuit judge in Carroll County.
- Private law practice in Carrollton.
- Assistant city attorney for Kansas City.
Nixon said in a news release, "His experience as a prosecutor, as a judge, as legal counsel, and as a private practice attorney will help him be a very capable judge for one of the state's largest counties. I am pleased to appoint him to the bench."