advertisement

Lint buildup causes dryer fire

Monday, June 13, 2011 | 3:30 p.m. CDT; updated 7:17 p.m. CDT, Monday, June 13, 2011

COLUMBIA — A dryer fire on Citadel Drive caused light smoke damage to a residence in north Columbia on Sunday evening.

The fire was caused by lint buildup and was contained to the dryer and its vent pipe, Columbia Fire Department Battalion Chief Steven Sapp said.

One of the adults at the scene tried to put the fire out using an extinguisher but was unable to reach the flames in the vent pipe, Sapp said.

The fire was at a rental property owned by CJ Real Estate Inc. Two adults and three children live at the residence, but no one was injured, Sapp said.


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements