COLUMBIA — Sixteen community service agencies will host the fifth annual Back To School Health Fair to help students prepare for the upcoming school year.
The fair will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 13 at Calvary Baptist Church, 606 Ridgeway Ave., for children enrolled in kindergarten through 12th grade, according to a news release.
Community service agencies sponsoring the event include:
- Voluntary Action Center
- Calvary Baptist Church
- Boone Hospital Center
- Girl Scouts
- Daniel Boone Regional Library
- City/County Department of Public Health and Human Services
- University Hospital and Clinics
- Mid-Missouri Legal Services
- Missouri Lion's Eye Research
- Parents as Teachers
- Missouri Department of Social Services, Children's Services and Family Support
- Rainbow House
- Family Health Center
- Community United Methodist Church
- Individual donors
“The fair will provide children with 1,000 backpacks, new school supplies, haircuts, health screenings for dental, hearing and vision without any cost,” said Cindy Mustard, executive director of the Voluntary Action Center.
Parents or guardians must attend with children in order to participate, the release stated.
“Children will listen to music, have fun, do face painting and more in the fair,” Mustard said.
For more information about the fair, call Cindy Mustard at 449-6959 or go to the Voluntary Action Center's website.