We gathered advice on where to eat and what to do in Tempe if you are heading to Arizona to watch MU take on Arizona State on Friday.
- @parkerleppien: The Chuckbox for burgers and Mill Ave after the game
- @Formida42: The Yucca Tap Room in Tempe is great for live music.
- @DowntownTempe: Check out millavenue.com. There you can find listings to the best restaurants, bars, shops and entertainment in the area.
- @nickthompson22: make a trip out of it and drive old Route 66
- @AdriannaAmato: It will be hot! Prepare your wardrobe! And eat good Mexican food while in AZ.
- @parkerleppien: Tempe town lake ... south mtn or camelback mtn for hiking
- “Throughout the week, any college student can grace the fine college street of Mill Avenue, which has a tremendous college feel and is a punt away from Sun Devil Stadium. Come the weekend, expect Mill Avenue to be packed and crazy, so arrive early. A short drive away is Scottsdale, home to one of the best nightlife’s in all of the country. The clubs are superior and you often will spot A-list celebrities. Even though Scottsdale has an older crowd, many students go up there to party, win or lose.” — Austin Cohen, Arizona State University senior.
at Arizona State (1-0)
WHEN: 9:30 p.m. CDT
WHERE: Sun Devil Stadium, Tempe, Ariz.
RADIO: KTGR/1580 AM, 100.5 FM, KCMQ/96.7 FM
NOTE: After a season-opening 17-6 win over Miami (Ohio) last Saturday in Columbia, Missouri has 22-consecutive nonconference regular season victories.
“TEMPE MARKETPLACE IS THE BOMB DIGGITY...ITS YOUR ONE STOP SHOP FOR ENTERTAINMENT...O WISH WE HAD SOMETHING SIMILAR....OH HOW I WISH I COULD GO...I MISS THE WARM WEATHER & BEAUTIFUL SCENERY.” — Tyiesha White, via Facebook