Around the world, memorials and ceremonies were held throughout the day to honor those who lost their lives a decade ago. Here's some of the most engaging coverage from Sept. 11, 2011:
- Photo gallery: Time's "The Tenth Anniversary of September 11" is a moving collection of photos taken Sunday in Washington, New York and Shanksville, Pa.
- Minute-by-minute: BBC posted tweets, stories and photos in a detailed rundown of Sunday's events around the globe as well as a video of the day's highlights.
- What they said: Reuters aggregated powerful quotes from political leaders and victims' family members during Sunday's memorial activities.
- Explore ground zero: The Wall Street Journal's interactive graphic lets users explore the 9/11 memorial site and current building construction in the area.
- Watch and listen: CBS' New York affiliate guides readers through Sunday morning's memorial service at ground zero. Watch or listen to the ceremony, or get the radio stories about the attendees.
- Hear final messages: Silicon Valley's Mercury News plays the chilling final messages left for passenger Mark Bingham on Flight 93, which crashed in Shanksville, Pa., and relays how Bingham's death shaped his friends' lives.
- Find someone: Search for a victim's name on the 9/11 Memorial.