COLUMBIA – Another man has pleaded guilty in connection with the murder of Aaron Hobson.
Anthony J. Carr, 25, was originally charged with second-degree murder, first-degree robbery and felonious restraint in the fatal shooting of Hobson on Oct. 23, 2010, in the parking lot of the Break Time on Nifong in Columbia.
But after a plea negotiation, Carr pleaded guilty Tuesday to second-degree robbery, said Boone County Chief Prosecuting Attorney Dan Knight.
Knight said he suggested a 10-year sentence to Judge Christine Carpenter. Public defender Richard Ward French agreed with the recommendation.
Hobson's family is pleased with Carr's punishment, Knight said.
"They are 100 percent supportive of the recommendations we have made in every single one of these cases," Knight said.
Carr is one of eight men charged in connection with the robbery and shooting of Hobson.
"Six out of the eight men have plead guilty, been sentenced or have been found guilty of either robbery or murder," Knight said. "This is quite a saga. There are a huge number of defendants for one case."
According to previous Missourian reporting, five men have yet to be sentenced:
Last week, Lee Wyatt Carter, 24, pleaded guilty to second-degree robbery and armed criminal action in connection with the Hobson slaying. Carter’s sentencing hearing is scheduled for Dec. 12.
- Daron Peal's younger brother, Darris Peal, 22, also from St. Louis, was found guilty of second-degree murder on Thursday and is scheduled to be sentenced Nov. 7.
- Leo Roland, 20, is scheduled to go to trial Nov. 29.
- Tony Lewis, 27, is scheduled for a jury trial on Jan. 30, 2012.
- Deshon Houston, 21, is scheduled for a sentencing hearing on Feb. 13, 2012.