advertisement

Accidental apartment fire Saturday morning causes $5,000 of damage

Saturday, November 19, 2011 | 4:47 p.m. CST

COLUMBIA — An accidental stove fire caused $5,000 of damage early Saturday at Apt. 3, 1609 Hinkson Ave., according to a news release.

The Columbia Fire Department arrived on the scene in five minutes. The resident was not at home. There were no injuries, and the room remains habitable, officials said.

Items left on the stove top caught fire when a burner was accidentally left on, according to the release.

Kevin Hirner, the 911 caller, heard a smoke alarm from downstairs. He called when he saw flames through the window of the apartment.


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements