COLUMBIA — All city and county offices will be closed on Monday in observance of New Year’s Day. The regular City Council meeting will be held Tuesday.
According to a city news release, some Columbia services will be unavailable on Monday:
- City buses will only run on the off-peak hours for the whole day, on an 80-minute cycle similar to service on Saturdays. The 105 South Commuter route will not operate.
- Parking meters will not be enforced.
- The sanitary landfill and garbage collection services as well as recycling collection will not be made. All services will be delayed one day the rest of the week.
- The police and fire departments’ administrative offices will be closed, but emergency services will be available.
The list of offices that will be closed include:
- Post offices
- Daniel Boone City Building
- Boone County offices
All services will resume their regular hours on Tuesday.