COLUMBIA — City offices will be closed Monday in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. The regular City Council meeting will be held Tuesday.
According to a city news release, some Columbia services will not be operated:
- Collection of residential refuse and recycling will not run Monday and will be delayed one day the rest of the week.
- The sanitary landfill will be closed.
- City buses will not operate.
- Parking meters will not be enforced.
- Administrative offices for both police and fire departments will be closed while other emergency services will be available.
Post offices will also be closed in observance of the government holiday. UPS and FedEx recognize the holiday, but maintain regular pickup and delivery schedules.
Classes will not be in session at Columbia public schools. Columbia College and MU will also be closed. Stephens College will be in session.
The Daniel Boone Public Library will operate on regular hours from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m.
Columbia Mall will be open regular hours from 10 a.m to 9 p.m.