Garage fire causes $60,000 of damage

Saturday, January 28, 2012 | 3:30 p.m. CST

COLUMBIA — The roof of a garage collapsed, but there were no injuries reported after a garage at 4406 Oak View Drive caught fire Saturday morning. 

The Columbia Fire Department was called to the address at 8:09 a.m., where a detached garage behind the home was on fire, according to a Fire Department news release.

Columbia firefighters put the fire out in about 10 minutes. According to the release, Assistant Fire Marshal Tim Bach said the cause was electrical. Bach estimated the damage to be around $60,000.  


Like what you see here? Become a member.

Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.