Welcome to the From Readers section. This is a section of the Missourian dedicated to our community’s voices and stories. It is written by you, and by the rest of our community.
We don’t have strict selection guidelines, and we’d be happy to talk to you about whether your idea would make a good submission. (Hint: It probably would.) Examples of past submissions are below.
Life and Culture
Current events and breaking news
… And check out ArtTalk, where you can share something you're excited about and open the eyes of the community to local art.
There are just a few things we need you to keep in mind as you submit your work — we promise it’s not much.
Please include these two things with your work:
- Your real name to be used for your byline.
- One sentence about you or your relationship to the story.
We’d also love to attach photos or video to your story if you have them available.
How to submit:
Send an email to submissions@ColumbiaMissourian.com with your story attached or pasted in the email. If you prefer, you can send mail to Columbia Missourian, Attn: Submissions, 221 S. Eighth St., Columbia, MO 65211.
One more thing, we also ask that you abide by the same rules in your submission that we ask you to in our comments policy:
- Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
- Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
- Use your real first and last name when submitting your story or other items.
- Don’t solicit or promote businesses. Mentioning your business or submitting a story about your business is fine, but please refrain from posting commercial advertising or promotions.
Here’s what happens after you submit your work:
All content is reviewed by an editor with a gentle hand before it is published. We are happy to help you with spelling, grammar and writing style, but we will try to maintain your own words and tone. If questions come up during the editing process, we might contact you to clarify information. We'd also be happy to help hone your writing. If you'd like a bit more assistance, mention it in your submissions email.