SEC to bring significant changes to Missouri athletics, Memorial Stadium
February 20, 2012 | 11:00 p.m. CST
COLUMBIA — In a post Monday on the Missouri Athletics website, Missouri Athletics Director Mike Alden listed a number of changes accompanying Missouri's move to the Southeastern Conference that will come in the next two months.
These include changes in ticket prices, seating, entrance policies and physical changes to Faurot Field. Below is what fans should expect in 2012 and the following seasons:
- Student, faculty and staff ticket prices will remain unchanged, while otherwise prices will increase.
- The email said next season's prices will fall in the "middle of the pack" for the SEC. SEC ticket prices for a single conference game in 2011 averaged $58.30, while the average price for a Missouri ticket was $31.
- Seating for Marching Mizzou will be moved from the south end zone to the southeast corner of the student section.
- The Touchdown Terrace seating in the south end zone will be redone with additional seats.
- The minimum donations for Tiger Scholarship Fund priority seating will increase. The section for donor seating will also be expanded.
- A new no-reentry policy during games will prevent fans from coming back into the stadium once they've left.
- A number of parking lots will be resealed this summer, including an Accessibility Season Parking Pass Lot outside the northeast corner of Faurot Field. More spots in Lot M will also be converted into accessible parking spots.
- Shuttle services to and from Faurot Field will be increased.
- The amount of tickets allotted to visiting teams will be increased from about 3,800 to about 6,000 for 2012.