COLUMBIA — Missouri has finalized its 2012 football schedule.
Mark Alnutt, senior associate athletic director, announced that Syracuse and Missouri have agreed to a Nov. 17 game in Columbia. Missouri's 2012 season is now a 12-game slate that features seven home games to be played at Memorial Stadium, marking the first time since 1987 that Missouri has had a seven-game home schedule.
The Tigers will open the season Sept. 1 against Southeastern Louisiana, followed by non-conference games against Arizona State on Sept. 15 at home and on Sept. 29 at Central Florida. The game against Syracuse is a one-year arrangement, while Central Florida will return a game in Columbia on Sept. 13, 2014.
Interspersed throughout the non-conference action is Missouri's much-anticipated inaugural season in the Southeastern Conference.
Missouri's seven game home schedule includes four conferences games:
- Georgia Bulldogs (defending SEC East Division champion), Sept. 8
- Vanderbilt Commodores, Oct. 6
- Alabama Crimson Tide (defending BCS champion), Oct. 13
- Kentucky Wildcats, Oct. 27 — this will be the Homecoming game
Conference road games include:
- South Carolina Gamecocks, Sept. 22
- Florida Gators, Nov. 3
- Tennessee Volunteers, Nov. 10
- Texas A&M Aggies, Nov. 24