Columbia — Five people were arrested after Columbia police recovered evidence of a drug trafficking ring.
In total, officers recovered approximately two kilograms of cocaine, approximately 30 pounds of marijuana, two firearms, two vehicles and other evidence, according to a release from the Columbia Police Department.
The police department, Boone County Sheriff’s Department and the Drug Enforcement Agency recovered the evidence after serving three search warrants, conducting traffic stops and recovering drug evidence due to the drug investigation.
The police department's SWAT Team served federal search warrants at the following locations, the release stated:
- 811 Charles St. — A search of that residence uncovered evidence of drug distribution operations including a large quantity of cocaine, marijuana, packaging materials, scales, cash and two firearms.
Officers stopped two vehicles while investigating this residence. One suspect fled in a vehicle and attempted to throw evidence from the car. A large amount of cocaine was recovered from both vehicles.
- 1012 B Old 63 — Officers recovered 26 pounds of marijuana, packaging materials and two vehicles from this storage area. One of the vehicles confiscated was modified to conceal and transport contraband.
- 2501 Carol Drive — Officers recovered evidence of drug sales, cocaine and marijuana at this residence.
Although five people were arrested, there might be additional charges and arrests made as the investigation continues, the release stated:
- Leopoldo Nava-Nava, 28, was arrested for first-degree drug trafficking (cocaine) and distribution of marijuana.
- Gonzalo Nava-Nava, 26, was arrested for first-degree drug trafficking (cocaine) and distribution of marijuana.
- Marco Reyes-Estrada, 28, was arrested for first-degree drug trafficking (cocaine) and distribution of marijuana.
- Javier Rubi-Pedroza, 26, was arrested for first-degree drug trafficking (cocaine), felony resisting arrest and felony tampering with evidence.
- Rhiannan Perkins, 31, was arrested for misdemeanor possession of marijuana.