COLUMBIA — A Columbia man was arrested Monday afternoon on suspicion of trespassing and attempting to rob the Walmart Supercenter off Conley Road.
Jonathan Carpenter, 29, was arrested in connection with brandishing a box cutter, which caused physical injury to a Walmart employee, in an attempt to steal property from Walmart, said Latisha Stroer, spokeswoman for the Columbia Police Department. Carpenter had previously received a trespass warning.
At 3:10 p.m., officers were dispatched to the scene while the robbery was in progress, when they arrested Carpenter. He was charged with:
- Robbery in the first degree, a felony.
- Two charges of trespassing in the first degree, a misdemeanors.
- Two charges of stealing, felonies.
- Property damage in the first degree, a misdemeanor.
- Resisting arrest, a felony.
Carpenter's composite bail is set at $15,000, according to Boone County Sheriff Department's 07:00 Report.