Federal grants available to fund outdoor recreation projects

Friday, March 23, 2012 | 10:43 a.m. CDT

JEFFERSON CITY — Missouri State Parks officials have released application forms for federal grants to pay for outdoor recreation projects.

Local governments and school districts are eligible for grants to develop or renovate outdoor facilities or buy land for new parks. The grants require a 55 percent local match. Missouri officials estimated that $600,000 will be available this year.

The federal money comes from the Land and Water Conservation Fund and is administered by the National Park Service. Applications must be submitted by June 11.


Like what you see here? Become a member.

Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.