Friday, March 30, 2012 | 12:43 p.m. CDT
COLUMBIA — A battery failure caused smoke and fumes in the back-up generator room of the Columbia Police Department at around 8 a.m. Friday.
To read the full article, please sign up or login.
* Unlimited access on your
Android phone and
* All the high-quality, in-depth journalism of the Columbia Missourian and Vox Magazine, updated 24/7
* Your news. Your device. Your time.
If you'd like to read more about the value of being a member, read this column from the Missourian's executive editor, Tom Warhover.