COLUMBIA — Ten roads in Boone County were closed as of 9:30 Monday morning after heavy rain Sunday night and early Monday morning. They were:
- Stone Drive at Silver Fork Creek.
- Route Y at Cedar Creek near the Boone-Callaway county line, east of Ashland. Southern Boone County Fire Protection District performed a water rescue on an unoccupied vehicle at this location at 5:30 a.m. Monday, according to Brock Biggerstaff, a volunteer at the fire district.
- Ball Road near Adams Road in Centralia.
- Hill Creek Road South near Buffalo Ridge Road east of Rock Bridge Memorial State Park.
- Schunemeyer Road near Highway 22 in Sturgeon.
- Bearfield Road South near Gans Road in Columbia.
- Rangeline Road South near Highway AB North of Columbia Regional Airport.
- Akeman Bridge Road A east of Route E.
- Driskel Road between Route E and Moreau Road.
- Wilcox Road between Route E and Oneal Road.
Boone and Audrain counties were under a flash flood warning effective through 11 a.m. Monday. Flash flood warnings mean flooding is either imminent or already happening. The warning was issued by the National Weather Service in St. Louis.
About 1.4 inches of rain had fallen in Columbia since late Sunday night, and 1.06 inches fell Sunday, according to the Sanborn Field agricultural experiment station at MU.
The National Weather Service predicted that showers and thunderstorms will continue until 2 p.m. Monday and pick up again after 1 a.m. Tuesday.
Supervising editor is Scott Swafford.