advertisement

2 file suits over deadly St. Louis tent collapse

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 | 9:24 a.m. CDT

ST. LOUIS — Two people injured when a party tent collapsed outside a downtown St. Louis bar last month have filed suit against the bar and the company that leased and installed the tent.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that 45-year-old Janet Martinez and 25-year-old Kurt Volk, both of St. Louis, filed separate suits claiming significant injuries from the April 28 accident outside Kilroy's Sports Bar near Busch Stadium.

About 100 people were injured and one killed when a sudden storm with strong winds blew over the party tent as fans from nearby Busch Stadium celebrated a Cardinals victory.

Kilroy's owner Art Randall said he is not surprised by the suits and said his family is still struggling after the accident.

A spokesman for Sun Rental declined to comment.


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements