advertisement

Brookside, Stephens College reach temporary housing agreement

Friday, June 1, 2012 | 12:14 p.m. CDT; updated 2:06 p.m. CDT, Friday, June 1, 2012

COLUMBIA — Owners of Brookside Apartments at College and Walnut and Stephens College reached an agreement Friday to provide temporary housing for tenants displaced by the fire at the apartment complex.

Stephens spokeswoman Amy Gipson said Jon and Nathan Odle of Brookside agreed to lease up to 100 beds from the college in Hillcrest Hall through Oct. 15. Stephens students will remain in the residence hall, but priority parking will be available to Brookside residents in lots adjacent to the hall and south of Broadway. No Stephens students will be displaced, Gipson said.

"Stephens is willing to help however we can," Gipson said.

In an updated release Thursday, Brookside said it anticipated 47 percent of the apartments will be ready for occupants in August, and the remaining 53 percent will be ready on or before Oct. 15.

"Should they need it for a longer period of time, we can be flexible through the fall semester," Gipson said.

Supervising editor is Jake Kreinberg.


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements