JEFFERSON CITY — Tent. Sleeping bag. Backpack. Computer?
Eleven Missouri state parks are now offering free wireless Internet access at campgrounds. And more could come online this summer.
State parks director Bill Bryan said parks have long been great places to get away from a hectic schedule but that campers have been asking for ways to stay connected to the online world.
The wireless Internet access was added after a 2010 survey showed people would camp more often, and stay longer, if Internet connections were available.
Park campgrounds with wireless access include:
- Bennett Spring near Lebanon;
- Montauk near Salem;
- Roaring River near Cassville;
- Table Rock near Branson;
- Meramec near Sullivan;
- Baker near Patterson;
- Babler in Wildwood;
- Johnson's Shut-Ins near Middlebrook;
- Onondaga Cave near Leasburg;
- Long Branch near Macon; and
- Finger Lakes near Columbia.