COLUMBIA — Adjusting to college life can be difficult. If you're finding yourself struggling with a challenging course-load, there are many on-campus resources to help.
Here is a sampling of popular resources:
- Writing Center — It is located on the main floor of the Student Success Center. Tutors can help you with writing skills and paper revisions.
- Online Writery — Visit the Online Writery at writery.missouri.edu. Submit papers online at least one day in advance, and a tutor will review and respond to it.
- Walk-in writing help — Walk-in writing help is available in Ellis Library. Sign up on the door of Room 151E to go over work with a tutor in person.
- Tutoring sessions — A list of times and classrooms is available online each semester at the Learning Center website. Free tutoring is available for the following subjects: accounting, economics, French, Spanish, biology, chemistry, fisheries and wildlife, physics, medical science, algebra and finite math, pre-calculus, calculus and statistics. Exam review sessions are also offered each semester.
- TRiO Community Academic and Tutorial Support — This service is located on the first level of Student Success Center. TRiO offers free individual tutoring in most subjects and lower-level courses for lower income, first generation and disabled students. To find out if you qualify, visit the Learning Center in person for an evaluation.