London Olympics: 5 things to know for Wednesday
Wednesday, August 1, 2012 | 9:29 a.m. CDT;
updated 2:23 p.m. CDT, Wednesday, August 1, 2012
LONDON — Here's what to watch for at the London Olympics on Wednesday:
1. KICKED OUT: Eight female badminton doubles players have been disqualified after trying to lose matches to receive a more favorable place in the tournament.
2. GYMNASTICS: Tune in for the men's individual All-Around gymnastics. It will be live online at 10:30 a.m. CDT.
3. SWIMMING: Americans Allison Schmitt and Missy Franklin are competing in the 4x200-meter freestyle relay as the U.S. tries to bounce back from a surprising bronze in Beijing.
4. BIEBER'S WATCHING: They're huge fans and couldn't believe their eyes. The U.S. women's gymnastics champions have been getting tweets from Justin Bieber.
5. BORIS DANGLING: London's eccentric mayor got stuck on a zip wire, causing a lot of mirth.
Like what you see here? Become a member.
Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.
You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.
Leave a comment
Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines
outlined below and register with our site.
You must be logged in to comment. (Our
full comment policy is here.)
- Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
- Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or
discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
- Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will
be published with every comment.
(Read why we ask for that here.)
- Don’t solicit or promote businesses.
We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see
something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.
You must be logged in to comment.