London Olympics: 5 things to know for Thursday
Thursday, August 2, 2012 | 9:44 a.m. CDT;
updated 5:11 p.m. CDT, Thursday, August 2, 2012
LONDON — Five things to know about the London Olympics on Thursday:
- SWIMMING: Michael Phelps, Ryan Lochte compete against each other for the last time in the 200-meter individual medley.
- GYMNASTICS: Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman go for gold in women's gymnastics all-around.
- ROWING: United States wins second straight rowing gold medal in women's eight.
- PHELPS' LEGACY: Is Phelps greatest ever? Olympians weigh in.
- TENNIS: Venus Williams bounced from tennis singles; Serena Williams advances.
Like what you see here? Become a member.
Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.
You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.
Leave a comment
Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines
outlined below and register with our site.
You must be logged in to comment. (Our
full comment policy is here.)
- Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
- Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or
discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
- Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will
be published with every comment.
(Read why we ask for that here.)
- Don’t solicit or promote businesses.
We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see
something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.
You must be logged in to comment.