London Olympics: 5 things to know for Friday
Friday, August 3, 2012 | 9:29 a.m. CDT;
updated 4:30 p.m. CDT, Friday, August 3, 2012
LONDON — Five things to know about Day 7 of the London Olympics:
- JUDO: Saudi woman loses in 82 seconds in Olympic judo – still a victory for women in ultra-conservative kingdom
- MEN'S SWIMMING: Michael Phelps went for a second threepeat in the 100-meter butterfly. This was the last individual race of his career.
- TRACK AND FIELD: Track and field gets under way, with fans filling up the Olympic Stadium.
- TENNIS: Wimbledon champions Roger Federer and Serena Williams play for spots in the tennis finals.
- WOMEN'S SOCCER: U.S. women's soccer team faces New Zealand in quarterfinals.
Like what you see here? Become a member.
Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.
You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.
Leave a comment
Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines
outlined below and register with our site.
You must be logged in to comment. (Our
full comment policy is here.)
- Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
- Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or
discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
- Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will
be published with every comment.
(Read why we ask for that here.)
- Don’t solicit or promote businesses.
We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see
something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.
You must be logged in to comment.