London Olympics: 5 things to know for Tuesday
Tuesday, August 7, 2012 | 10:12 a.m. CDT;
updated 4:00 p.m. CDT, Tuesday, August 7, 2012
LONDON — Here are five things to look for at the London Olympics on Tuesday:
1. GABBY DOUGLAS: The American two-time gold medalist has a chance for one more title on the balance beam.
2. HURDLE FIASCO: Athletes crashed, fell or hopped away injured. Liu Xiang left the Olympics without clearing a barrier for the second time in a row.
3. BOLT'S BACK: Usain Bolt cruised to victory in his heat for the 200 meters.
4. 1,500M FINAL: Asbel Kiprop was just 19 when he won gold in Beijing. Now he's back for more.
5. IRAN'S GIANT: Behdad Salimikordasiabi is a huge favorite for the last gold in weightlifting: the super heavyweight class.
Like what you see here? Become a member.
Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.
You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.
Leave a comment
Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines
outlined below and register with our site.
You must be logged in to comment. (Our
full comment policy is here.)
- Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
- Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or
discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
- Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will
be published with every comment.
(Read why we ask for that here.)
- Don’t solicit or promote businesses.
We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see
something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.
You must be logged in to comment.