advertisement

Fyfer Place fire causes estimated $15,000 in damage

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 | 9:21 a.m. CDT; updated 2:55 p.m. CDT, Wednesday, August 8, 2012

COLUMBIA — A small fire damaged a house at 111 Fyfer Place on Tuesday evening.

Firefighters were alerted to the incident at 8:56 p.m., according to a news release from the Columbia Fire Department. When they arrived, firefighters discovered light smoke coming from the back of the house. A small fire was found in a bedroom. The fire was contained to this room and was extinguished within minutes.

Four people were home at the time — two adults and two children. One adult was taken to University Hospital for burns to an extremity, and one child was transported for smoke inhalation. 

According to Battalion Chief Brad Fraizer, the cause of the fire was an electrical malfunction of musical equipment. The damage is estimated at $15,000.

Supervising editor is Ann Elise Taylor.


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements