Roger Brallier does public relations for Hallsville Public Schools.
Hallsville Public Schools welcomed 19 new teachers and staff for the 2012-13 school year at the New Teacher Academy held Monday through Wednesday. Training for the new staff included an introduction to district policy, procedures, technology use and availability, professional learning communities and professional development.
This is the fifth year that Hallsville has hosted the training for its new teachers. John Downs, the district's director of curriculum, said he is pleased with the program.
"Hallsville Public Schools works hard to maintain a reputation of high quality instruction," Downs said. "Our teachers are committed to the success of each student and providing support to new teachers is a great way to start the new school year."
Hallsville classes begin Aug. 15.
New district staff include:
- Roger Brallier, Technology Integration Specialist and public relations
- Lori Wheeler, 1st grade
- Desiree Pezley, 1st grade
- Kara Yeagy, 2nd grade
- Mollie Holman, 2nd grade Fellows
- Ashley Mathews, 3rd grade Fellows
- Nikki Schwartz, 4th grade
- Shauna Woods, 5th grade
- Zech Bowman, 6th grade math
- Tara Atchison-Green, middle school special education
- Brittany Harden, high school communication arts
- Lydia Nipper, high school communication arts
- Devin Johnson, high school math and head football coach
- Staci Johnson, high school Spanish
- Tyler Lankford, K-12 Adaptive PE
- Caryn Cordes, Primary Special Education Para
- Eric Greer, Intermediate Special Education Para
- Kristen Taylor, Title 1 Para
- Angie Herbold, Title 1 Para
This story is part of a section of the Missourian called From Readers, which is dedicated to your voices and your stories. We hope you'll consider sharing. Here's how. Supervising editor is Joy Mayer.