The Missourian doesn't cover every race in Missouri, and we know there are plenty of other sources for political news. Here's a sampling of outlets and individuals from different parts of the state who can help keep you in the know. We'll continue to add sources as we find them, but we need your help.
What people or organizations help you stay politically informed? Tell us about them so we can share them with our readers. Email us at email@example.com, tweet us or write on our Facebook wall.
To subscribe to our Twitter list featuring all of the below sources, click here. And for a list of all available political candidates in races that cover Boone County, click here. You can conveniently unsubscribe from either with one click when you've had enough.
- John Combest operates his own website, compiling links to political news articles impacting the state. He has been at it since 2001, updating the site nearly every day, according to a biography by the St. Louis Business Journal. "I'm not a real journalist, and I'm not a political consultant. I don't pretend to be either," he said.
- Robert Koenig is the Washington correspondent for the St. Louis Beacon. Previously, he wrote for a variety of publications, including the St. Louis Globe-Democrat, St. Louis Post-Dispatch and National Geographic. He's also worked for the U.S. Information Agency (now part of the U.S. Department of State).
- Steve Kraske has been the political correspondent for the Kansas City Star since 1994, after first arriving eight years prior. He also hosts "Up to Date," a radio talk show on KCUR, Kansas City's National Public Radio affiliate.
- Bill Lambrecht is the Washington bureau chief for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, covering politics, Congress, and Missouri and Illinois residents in the nation's capital.
- Jo Mannies is a political reporter for the St. Louis Beacon. She previously covered politics for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch for nearly three decades before retiring.
- Josh Nelson is the statehouse reporter for the Springfield News-Leader.
- Eli Yokley is the editor-in-chief of PoliticMo, a blog dedicated to coverage of Missouri state politics. Yokley is also the chief political correspondent for Missouri News Horizon and a student at MU.
- Virginia Young is the Jefferson City bureau chief for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Beyond November, a St. Louis-based website that is a collaborative effort to cover politics by the Nine Network of Public Media, the St. Louis Beacon and St. Louis Public Radio.
- Inside Missouri Politics, a blog supplementing the Springfield News-Leader's coverage of city and state officials.
- Midwest Democracy, a political news website created byThe Kansas City Star.
- Missouri News Horizon, a website dedicated to Missouri politics with an emphasis on statehouse reporting.
- The Missouri Record, a journal reviewing coverage of policies enacted in the state as well as political races in the state.
- In addition to the above outlets, major newspapers throughout the state have dedicated political coverage, including the Columbia Daily Tribune, The Kansas City Star, Springfield News-Leader and St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Supervising editor is Joy Mayer.