advertisement

Brookside on College residents able to move in Thursday, Friday

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 | 5:59 p.m. CDT

COLUMBIA — Students who signed leases at Brookside on College will get to move in this week after being displaced to temporary housing.

On May 27, a fire caused an estimated $7 million in damages to much of the apartment complex and delayed move-in from the original date of Aug. 14. The cause of the fire remains undetermined.

The move-in date for 40 percent of the complex's residents was delayed just four days. The other 60 percent of residents could either break their lease or live in temporary housing at Hillcrest Hall at Stephens College and duplexes located on Bethel Church Road, Bethel Lane and Brookside Lane.

In an email sent to residents in temporary housing on Oct. 1, Brookside thanked residents for their patience during the complex's reconstruction. The email also detailed the move-in process and included a move-in schedule.

Residents living in Stephens College temporary housing will move into Brookside on College apartments Thursday. Residents living in the duplexes will move in Friday.

Brookside declined to comment.

Supervising editor is Zach Murdock.


Like what you see here? Become a member.


Show Me the Errors (What's this?)

Report corrections or additions here. Leave comments below here.

You must be logged in to participate in the Show Me the Errors contest.


Comments

Leave a comment

Speak up and join the conversation! Make sure to follow the guidelines outlined below and register with our site. You must be logged in to comment. (Our full comment policy is here.)

  • Don't use obscene, profane or vulgar language.
  • Don't use language that makes personal attacks on fellow commenters or discriminates based on race, religion, gender or ethnicity.
  • Use your real first and last name when registering on the website. It will be published with every comment. (Read why we ask for that here.)
  • Don’t solicit or promote businesses.

We are not able to monitor every comment that comes through. If you see something objectionable, please click the "Report comment" link.

You must be logged in to comment.

Forget your password?

Don't have an account? Register here.

advertisements