COLUMBIA — A chimney fire in the early hours of the morning brought fire crews to north Columbia.
Three engines were dispatched at 12:20 a.m. to the flue fire at 6003 St. Charles Road. A ladder truck and an ambulance also responded to the call.
Boone County Fire Protection District Battalion Chief Gale Blomenkamp said the fire resulted from a build-up of creosote in the chimney.
There was no damage to the property, and no one was injured, he said.
“It’s very common to see flue fires or chimney fires here in the winter months,” Blomenkamp said. He said homeowners should have their chimneys cleaned annually and inspected.
Supervising editor is Jeanne Abbott.